2017 was a busy, busy year here at FYFD, but a lot of that happened behind the scenes with multiple collaborations that were months in the planning. You’ll start to see the results of those collaborations here in January, starting this Friday. I’m really excited for you all to see what I’ve been up to!
In the meantime, we’ll take our traditional look back at the top 10 FYFD posts of 2017, according to you:
1. Cinemagraph of a breaking wave
2. Visualizing radiation in a cloud chamber
3. Fire ants as a fluid
4. The water music of Vanuatu
5. How hummingbirds drink nectar
6. When vortex rings collide
7. How water balloons can bounce off a bed of nails
8. Spinning ice disks form on freezing rivers
9. A hot-tub-sized fluidized bed
10. The physics of fluidized beds
Lots of crazy, cool stuff in there! Special congrats to The Splash Lab for making the top 10 two years in a row. Stay tuned in 2018 for more exciting fluid dynamical developments, and if you’d like to help support FYFD, remember that you can always become a patron, make a one-time donation, or purchase some merch!