Here’s to another fluids round-up, our look at some of the interesting fluids-related stories around the web:
– Above is a music video by Roman Hill that relies on mixing and merging different fluids and perturbing ferrofluids for its visuals as it re-imagines the genesis of life.
– GoPro takes viewers inside a Category 5 typhoon with 112 mph (180 kph; 50 m/s) winds.
– To make a taller siphon, you have to find a way to avoid cavitation.
– The Mythbusters make a giant tanker implode using air pressure.
– Sixty Symbols explores how tiny things swim.
(Video credit and submission: R. Hill et al.)
Don’t forget to check out our Patreon page. Please help support FYFD by becoming a patron.